Indoor Worship Services
We will gathering for worship at McKinney Christian Academy Sundays @ 10:00 AM.
- Address: 3601 Bois D Arc Rd, McKinney, TX 75071
- Enter through the main drive off Bois D Arc Road and park in any spot to your right.
- We will meet for worship in the Student Life Center
- We will provide seating in household units
- Service time will be about an hour
All State Health Protocols will be closely followed as well as several self-imposed precautionary measures (please read through below Letter From Our Elders for the full list)
- Seating in household units
- 6 feet of separation between families (ushers will help with this)
- No handshakes or hugs
- Parents will makes sure their children maintain proper social distancing
- Sanitation stations will be set up for your safety and convenience
- There will be a designated section for "at-risk population"
- We will also have our Facebook Live video going so you join in with us that way if you are unable to join us physically.
Letter from our Elders (following Gov. Abbott's Phase 1 Announcement)
On Monday, April 27, Governor Abbott signed the Executive Order to begin Phase 1 of his strategic plan to begin reopening Texas in response to COVID-19. Our elders have said all along that we are not doctors or politicians and thus we believe our best path forward through this unprecedented and challenging time is to follow the lead of our governing authorities. With the release of Executive Order No. GA-18, Governor Abbott has said that churches, beginning May 1, could begin meeting again provided that the state mandated minimum standard health protocols (see below) are followed.
In keeping in line with Phase 1 of Governor Abbott’s plan, we plan to meet this Sunday for gathered worship (weather permitting). We will be meeting outdoors this Sunday (May 3rd) at D’Vine Grace Wedding Venue in McKinney (3747 Grace Ranch Trail, McKinney, 75071) at 9:00 AM. Our reason for this change in venue is two-fold. First, we believe that an outdoor service makes it easier on short notice to make sure we are able to follow all of the necessary health protocols. Second, MISD is currently not able to rent to any churches until students are allowed back on campus. That being said, the people at D’Vine Grace Wedding Venue have graciously allowed us to meet at their venue this Sunday through the end of June.
This Sunday, we will follow all of the state regulations and implement several other self-imposed precautionary measures, as the health of all of our members and visitors is of vital importance to us. We will sit in family units (bring your own chairs and/or blankets to sit on) with 6 feet of separation between each family. There will be no childcare, so please plan accordingly. Parents will be expected to make sure their children do their part in social distancing. In addition, we will not partake of the Lord’s Supper or provide coffee or snacks before or after the service. There will be no mic sharing during the service, so the number of people participating up front will be limited. We are also asking all attendees to refrain from the urge to shake hands, hug, or any other greeting that is not in keeping with safe social distancing practices.
To gather or not to gather this Sunday is a matter of the conscience and thus our elders want you to feel the utmost freedom to stay at home and watch the service on Facebook Live if you do not feel comfortable gathering in person. In addition, if you are among Governor Abbott’s stated “At Risk Population” (see below) we ask that you would strongly consider staying at home or at least work with the staff to make sure we can help you take all of the precautions recommended in the below protocols.
Here are a few bullet point reminders for this Sunday (May 3rd):
- We will gather at D’Vine Grace Wedding Venue @ 9:00 AM
- Please park in the back parking lot
- State health protocols will be followed
- Bring your own chair/blanket to sit on during the service
- Seating will be in family units with 6 feet between each family
- Please refrain from shaking hands or giving hugs
- Parents will make sure their children maintain proper social distancing
- We will not be partaking of the Lord’s Supper
- Service time will be about an hour
- We will not be providing coffee or snacks, but you are free to bring your own
- One bathroom will be available for emergency use, so we encourage everyone to use the bathroom before leaving home
We are looking so forward to meeting this Sunday!
Below is the state released document for churches that we will follow very closely.